Developed in collaboration with designer, illustrator and low-brow comic fetishist Ryan Besch, Debaser authentically re-creates the low-fi print aesthetic of vintage comic book printing from wherever your iPad can take you.
Based on authentic pre-digital color formulas and line screen angles used during the Golden, Silver, Bronze and Dark Ages of comic book publishing, we've built a huge package of ready-to-use swatches, distressed inking brushes and paper texture templates complete with a streamlined process tutorial for applying them to your work.
Join us on a journey back to when brush and ink ruled the studio, the iPad was but a sweaty sci-fi fantasy and everyone smoked like it was a cure for cancer.
Here's what you get:
- 125 color halftone textures (in jpg format) based on pre-digital color formulas and print-production specifications.
- 13 x archival paper and stain texture templates in classic comic book format (6 5/8" x 10 1/8") @2X resolution (3969px x 6073px).
- 8 x distressed inking brushes.
- 3 x reference color charts for the Golden, Silver/Bronze, and Dark ages of comic book publishing.
- 1 x quick-start installation guide to get you up and running A$AP.
- 1 x comprehensive written tutorial detailing every step of the process along with tricks and tips for authentically re-creating the low-fi aesthetic of vintage comic book printing.
- 1 x paper texture cheat sheet.
- Pro-built in collaboration with Designer & Low-Brow Illustrator Ryan Besch.
- Faithfully reproduces the aesthetic of pre-digital comic book printing based on real color formulas and line screen angles used between the late-1930's to early-1990's.
- Halftone textures lightly distressed for authentic results.
- Paper texture templates and custom brushes automatically distress your keyline art as you draw.
- Easy-to-use with detailed process tutorials included.
- Built with archival textures and paper samples from vintage comics, graphic novels, pulp fiction books and ephemera.
- Suitable for experienced to expert Procreate users.
- Mac Desktop or Laptop recommended for initial setup.
- 6GB of available iPad storage space.
- Apple Pencil or compatible stylus.
About Ryan Besch.
Ryan Besch is a multi-talented designer, low-brow illustrator and DIY merch maker from Buffalo, NY. Inspired by the taboo underbelly of the cultural landscape, Ryan's work features a cast of unseemly characters, from smoking hotdog-banana's and bird flipping condoms to sweaty gimp mask dungeon-masters and cigarette smoking foods.
Mostly working in pen, brush and ink, Ryan's illustration work reflects his love of vintage comics and low-brow humor whilst his graphic design and poster work is a masterclass in textural witchcraft and screen-printed aesthetics.
With an impressive list of clients including Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Kills, Phish, The Black Keys and Nitro Snowboards, Ryan still finds time to work on his self-published range of t-shirts, posters, stickers and pins under his brand Weird Sin Industries.
USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
One (1) user = one (1) person.
Two (2) users = two (2) people etc.
You should purchase one user licence for each person who uses the purchased product.
Each user can install their product on up to two devices (e.g. a desktop at the studio as well as a personal laptop or iPad for home or travel).
FOR EXAMPLE: Dan at ACME Studio has a rad new client and purchased a single user licence for a brush set (thanks Dan!). Dan can install and use the brushes on his main studio desktop as well as his laptop for use at home or while travelling. It’s not cool for Dan to make copies to share with hi s colleagues in the studio though. They'll need to purchase a couple of extra licenses in order to install and use the brushes themselves, even if they’re all working on the same client, brand or project.
- Be used for personal or commercial use in multiple projects up the the limits detailed below.
- Be used to create end products offered for for sale (up to 5,000 units).
- Be used in broadcast (up to 500,000 lifetime views).
- Be used in print and outdoor advertising (local & national).
- Be used in digital banner advertising (unlimited).
- Be used in digital video advertising (500,000 lifetime views).
- Be used in web and mobile apps (single app).
- Be sub-licensed, resold, shared, transferred, or otherwise redistributed (even for free).
- Constitute the entirety of a design and must be combined with original content such as typography, design, layout and other graphic design elements.
- Be distributed digitally via storage device, cloud service, download, torrent or any other file-sharing website either for free or payment.
- Be used in a product offered for sale where the True Grit product being used contributes to the core value of the final end product being sold (e.g using our texture brushes to create a texture pack for sale).
- Be used to create end products for sale over 50,000 units. For extended use licensing please get in touch below.
- Be used by organizations or subsidiaries thereof with annual revenue of more than $250 million USD without an extended license. For extended licensing please get in touch below.
YOU CAN: Use a purchased texture, brush or action to create a logo for a client.
YOU CANNOT: Supply the source texture, brush or action to your client with the finished logo.
YOU CAN: Use a purchased texture, vector or brush to create an artwork, design or product for sale.
YOU CANNOT: Include a purchased product or a portion thereof in a downloadable texture, brush, or template pack (offered for free or sale) of any kind, even when the original product has been edited, flipped, mirrored or rotated to disguise it's original form.