DEBASER Low-Fi Comic Coloring Kit for PhotoshopTGTS - Actions
Authentically re-create the low-fi print aesthetic of vintage comic book printing from the comfort of your digital studio.
Developed in collaboration with talented designer, illustrator and low-brow comic fetishist Ryan Besch, DEBASER must be our favourite Signature Collection release to date.
Based on authentic pre-digital color formulas and line screen angles used during the Golden, Silver, Bronze and Dark Ages of comic book publishing, we've built a huge package of ready-to-use pattern swatches, actions and textures complete with a streamlined process for applying them to your work.
Join us on a journey back to when brush and ink ruled the studio, digital publishing was but a sweaty fantasy and everyone smoked like it was a cure for cancer.
• All featured illustrations by Ryan Besch.
Also available for Procreate
- Pro-built in collaboration with Designer & Low-Brow Illustrator Ryan Besch.
- Faithfully reproduces the aesthetic of pre-digital comic book printing based on real color formulas and line screen angles used between the late-1930's to early-1990's.
- Roughens and distresses your keyline art with control over ink color, distressing scale, and texture intensity.
- Non-destructive - keeps your original artwork intact.
- Easy-to-use with detailed process tutorials included.
- Easily switch color swatches and edit dot scale with simple double-click editing.
- Color your artwork with a choice of streamelined and manual processes that replicate traditional production methods for super-authentic results.
- Built with archival textures and paper samples from vintage comics, graphic novels, pulp fiction books and ephemera.
- 1 x 125 color installable pattern library based on pre-digital color formulas and print-production specifications. Lightly distressed for authentic results.
- 13 x archival paper and stain texture PSD's in classic comic book format (6 5/8" x 10 1/8") @2X resolution (3969px x 6073px).
- 10 x distressing actions for roughening your keyline art.
- 14 x coloring shortcut actions to quickly perform common tasks such as adding new color layers and layer masks.
- 3 x reference color charts for the Golden, Silver/Bronze, and Dark ages of comic book publishing.
- 1 x quick-start installation guide to get you up and running A$AP.
- 1 x comprehensive written tutorial detailing every step of the process along with tricks and tips for authentically re-creating the low-fi aesthetic of vintage comic book printing.
- 1 x paper texture cheat sheet.
- Dig it or it's free guarantee.
SOFTWARE: Adobe Photoshop CS6 and up.
LANGUAGE: English only.
SKILL LEVEL: Intermediate to Expert - Not suitable for novice users.
HARDWARE: 8 GB of RAM or more. 7 GB of available storage.
OPTIONAL: Drawing tablet - Wacom or similar recommended.
About Ryan Besch
Ryan Besch is a multi-talented designer, low-brow illustrator and DIY merch maker from Buffalo, NY.
Inspired by the taboo underbelly of the cultural landscape, Ryan's work features a cast of unseemly characters, from smoking hotdog-banana's and bird flipping condoms to sweaty gimp mask dungeon-masters and cigarette smoking foods.
Mostly working in pen, brush and ink, Ryan's illustration work reflects his love of vintage comics and low-brow humor whilst his graphic design and poster work is a masterclass in textural witchcraft and screen-printed aesthetics.
With an impressive list of past and present clients including Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Kills, Phish, The Black Keys and Nitro Snowboards, Ryan still finds time to work on his self-published range of t-shirts, posters, stickers and pins under his brand Weird Sin Industries.