Relive the Atomic age and effortlessly reproduce the analog imperfections of mid-century printing from the comfort of your digital studio.
Developed in collaboration with illustrator and mid-century print obsessive Adam Nickel, Atomica is crafted with speed and customization in mind, using authentic textures and source materials inspired by Adams signature mid-century aesthetic. It's the next best thing to your own vintage Heidelberg and an endless supply of 70 year old ink.
How Does It Work?
Here's what you get:
- 16 customizable Actions for creating bespoke print effects.
- 24 automated Action Presets for results in seconds.
- 1 x PSD Effects Template (4000px X 4000px) for use in combination with the actions, adding instant paper textures to your work.
- 10 x additional paper texture PSDs made from authentic source materials.
- 1 x installation guide.
- 1 x written user guide and tutorial.
- 1 x detailed video tutorial.
- 1 x paper texture cheat sheet.
- Pro-built in collaboration with Illustrator Adam Nickel.
- Faithfully reproduces Edge Pigment, Edge Starve, Ink Absorption and Ink Mottling effects common to Mid-Century printing in multiple combinations.
- Roughens and distresses your artwork.
- Fast and easy-to-use with detailed instructions included.
- Choose between fully-customizable or ultra-fast automated actions.
- Our non-destructive process keeps your original artwork intact.
- Fully-editable. Fine tune your results in seconds with complete control over ink color, texture scale and intensity even after the action has run.
- Run Actions with or without interactive instructions.
- Built with authentic textures and paper samples from mid-century artifacts and ephemera.
About Adam Nickel
Brisbane Australia based Adam Nickel is an illustrator's who wears his influences proudly on his sleeves. Inspired by the honesty and warmth of mid-century era illustration, Adam's work is a masterclass in texture, tactility, craft and concept.
Despite an impressive list of international publishing, fashion and lifestyle clients including Mr Porter, Mens Health, Deus Ex Machina, Utility Skate Shop, New Scientist and The Guardian, Adam still finds the time to apply the same craft and attention to detail to an endless line of custom motorcycle builds and personal art projects.
More about Adam:
USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
One (1) user = one (1) person.
Two (2) users = two (2) people etc.
You should purchase one user licence for each person who uses the purchased product.
Each user can install their product on up to two devices (e.g. a desktop at the studio as well as a personal laptop or iPad for home or travel).
FOR EXAMPLE: Dan at ACME Studio has a rad new client and purchased a single user licence for a brush set (thanks Dan!). Dan can install and use the brushes on his main studio desktop as well as his laptop for use at home or while travelling. It’s not cool for Dan to make copies to share with hi s colleagues in the studio though. They'll need to purchase a couple of extra licenses in order to install and use the brushes themselves, even if they’re all working on the same client, brand or project.
- Be used to create physical end products offered for for sale (up to 5,000 units).
- Be used in publishing projects including comics, book covers, magazines, editorial illustrations and childrens books (unlimited).
- Be used in broadcast (up to 500,000 lifetime views).
- Be used in print and outdoor advertising (local & national).
- Be used in digital banner advertising (unlimited).
- Be used in digital video advertising (500,000 lifetime views).
- Be used in desktop, web and mobile apps (single app).
- Be sub-licensed, resold, shared, transferred, or otherwise redistributed (even for free).
- Constitute the entirety of a design and must be combined with original content such as typography, design, layout and other graphic design elements.
- Be distributed digitally via storage device, cloud service, download, torrent or any other file-sharing website either for free or payment.
- Be used in a product offered for sale where the True Grit product being used contributes to the core value of the final end product being sold (e.g using our texture brushes to create a texture pack for sale).
- Be used to create physical end products for sale over 5,000 units. For extended use licensing please get in touch below.
- Be used by organizations or subsidiaries thereof with annual revenue of more than $250 million USD without an extended license. For extended licensing please get in touch below.
YOU CAN: Use a purchased texture, brush or action to create a logo for a client.
YOU CANNOT: Supply the source texture, brush or action to your client with the finished logo.
YOU CAN: Use a purchased texture, vector or brush to create an artwork, design or product for sale.
YOU CANNOT: Include a purchased product or a portion thereof in a downloadable texture, brush, or template pack (offered for free or sale) of any kind, even when the original product has been edited, flipped, mirrored or rotated to disguise it's original form.