ATOMICA Mid-Century Print Effects KitTGTS - Actions
Relive the Atomic age by effortlessly reproducing the analog imperfections of mid-century printing from the comfort of your digital studio.
Part of our Signature Collection, Atomica was developed in collaboration with talented illustrator and mid-century print obsessive Adam Nickel.
Inspired by Adam’s signature aesthetic and built to compliment his (and your) busy studio workflow, the kit was crafted with speed and customisation in mind using authentic textures and source materials. The result? Atomica is the next best thing to your own vintage Heidelberg and an endless supply of 70 year old ink.
Place your artwork in our handy Atomica PSD template, select an automated action and Atomica does the rest. Or try one of our custom actions to take complete control of the process from start to finish.
How Does It Work?
All actions are non-destructive so you can change your ink color and fine-tune your effects endlessly for perfect results every time.
- Pro-built in collaboration with Illustrator Adam Nickel.
- Faithfully reproduces Edge Pigment, Edge Starve, Ink Absorption and Ink Mottling effects common to Mid-Century printing in multiple combinations.
- Roughens and distresses your artwork.
- Fast and easy-to-use.
- Choose between fully-customisable or ultra-fast automated actions.
- Our non-destructive process keeps your original artwork intact.
- Fully-editable. Fine tune your results in seconds with complete control over ink color, texture scale and intensity even after the action has run.
- Run Actions with or without interactive instructions.
- Built with authentic textures and paper samples from mid-century artifacts and ephemera.
- 16 customisable Actions for creating bespoke effects.
- 24 automated Action Presets for results in seconds.
- 1 x PSD Effects Template (4000px X 4000px) for use in combination with the actions, adding instant paper textures to your work.
- 10 x paper texture PSDs with preset layer blends for realistic paper texture effects and no experience or tinkering required.
- 1 x comprehensive video tutorial teaching you how to harness the explosive power of Atomica.
- 1 x easy-to-follow written tutorial and reference guide PDF.
- 1 x quick-start installation guide to get you up and running A$AP.
- 1 x paper texture cheat sheet.
- Dig it or it's free guarantee.
Adobe Photoshop CS6 and up.
About Adam Nickel
Adam Nickel is one of those illustrator's whose work wears it influences proudly on it's sleeves. Inspired by the honesty and warmth of mid-century era illustration, Adam's work is a masterclass in texture, tactility, craft and concept.
Despite an impressive list of publishing, fashion and lifestyle clients including Mr Porter, Mens Health, Deus Ex Machina, Utility Skate Shop, New Scientist and The Guardian, Adam still finds the time to apply the same craft and attention to detail to an endless line of custom motorcycle builds and personal art projects.